How to register your company
For your Payroll Giving initiative to be successful, the Board of Directors must be committed to the campaign.
- A “Charity Champion” within the company is selected to run the project.
- Payroll Giving is introduced and promoted to your employees.
- A simple, cost-free electronic solution is available to facilitate introduction and implementation process.
- Payroll Giving really just implies creating a deduction code. Most Payroll Systems already have this functionality.
In the unlikely event that your company system cannot facilitate the transaction one of our IT personnel or personnel from the South African Payroll Association will assist you, either telephonically via our helpline or in person if need be at no cost.
- The company automatically deducts the selected amount from the employees' salaries.
- The company has an option to either run the process in-house or, if preferred, nominate The Giving Organisation to take over the administrative function.
- Payment is transferred directly into The Giving Organisation Trust Account on a monthly basis. Brief support information on the month's contributions is submitted to the South African Payroll Association.
- The initiative is marketed within the organisation through the company’s own initiatives as well as the structures provided by The Giving Organisation.
- Your company will receive regular feedback on the difference that this initiative has made on the lives of so many children, animals and for other good causes.